We have a huge amount of information on our website, but below you will find the questions we are most frequently asked. It is worth signing up to our email newsletters which you can do via the link below for the latest news. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, where we post regular updates in the run up to, and during, the festival.
Sign up to our newsletter here.
- 2023 Festival Dates: 7th-10th December.
- General entry to the festival, including the market, food stalls, and demonstration Festival Kitchen is FREE – no ticket required!
- The Sharp’s Chefs Theatre Tickets are £5 per day, or you can buy a weekend ticket for all four days for £15 (+£2 booking fee).
- On entry to the festival your Sharp’s Chefs Theatre day/weekend eticket will be exchanged for a wristband.
- Line ups are subject to change and will be updated closer to the festival’s launch.
- Tickets for the Big Cornish Breakfast and Sharp’s Doom Bar Silent Bistro will go on sale at a later date.
General admission to the festival to enter the market, food stalls, and demonstration Festival Kitchen is FREE – but there will be a small charge to visit the Sharp’s Chefs Theatre where live demos from our headline chefs are held over the weekend.
How It Works:
- Your ticket gives you entrance to the Sharp’s Chefs Theatre for any of the demonstrations on that day. Or, if you have purchased a four day weekend ticket, any chef’s demonstration for the duration of the whole festival.
- It is the ticket holders choice as to which demonstrations they wish to watch – a Sharp’s Chefs Theatre ticket will give you entrance to all of the demonstrations for a particular day or the whole weekend subject to space being available.
- On entry to the festival, you’ll need to present your Sharp’s Chefs Theatre eticket to a member of the team who will provide you with a wristband.
- Once you have your wristband, you will need to queue for your chosen demonstration(s), spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- We encourage everyone to enjoy the festival in between demonstrations. The queue for each chef’s demonstration will open 40 minutes before it is due to start.
- Please note, as in previous years, spaces in the Sharp’s Chefs Theatre are allocated for each demonstration on the day due to the popularity of some demos.
- Planning who you want to see ahead of time is recommended, however because times can change due to unforeseen circumstances please double check the schedules on each day.
Please check the festival website timetables for more information.
Entry to the demonstrations:
- A reminder that your ticket gives you entrance to the Sharp’s Chefs Theatre for any of the demonstrations on that day. Or, if you have purchased a four day weekend ticket, any chefs’ demonstration over the whole festival!
- It is the ticket holders choice as to which demonstrations they wish to watch, a Sharp’s Chefs Theatre ticket will give you entrance to all of the demonstrations for a particular day or the whole weekend subject to space being available.
- We have listened to your responses following our Sharp’s Chefs Theatre ticket release and we have improved the queuing system to minimise the amount of time everyone will be queueing before each demonstration.
- Spaces will still be allocated on a first come first served basis for each demonstration, but you will only have to queue for a space in the tent once before each demonstration. You will not have to queue for an individual ticket to each demonstration.
- Spaces and seats in the Sharp’s Chefs Theatre are allocated on a first come, first served basis for each demonstration on the day. This is due to the popularity of some demonstrations; a ticket does not give anyone priority over other customers. For this reason, purchasing a Sharp’s Chefs Theatre ticket does not guarantee entry to the demonstrations.
How will my ticket be sent to me?
All tickets will be sent to you via email immediately after purchase. Once you arrive at the festival, our volunteers will scan your e-ticket and exchange this for a wristband which will gain you access to the whole festival site.
Please note: email accounts often collate similar emails into one thread rather than showing each individual email. Some providers also have strong spam filters so please do check your junk folder if you cannot find your tickets. Tickets will be sent from the ticketing platform, TicketSource.
Will tickets be available on the day?
Yes, tickets will be available on the day subject to availability and via card payment only.
Can I bring my dog?
Sorry, dogs are not allowed in the festival marquees (except guide dogs) for health and safety reasons:
- Hygiene issues with food and drink in the marquees.
- The marquees can become busy, and dogs can cause a trip hazard.
- The busy marquees can be stressful for your dogs.
However, please note that dogs are welcome in many shops and restaurants in the town.
Where can I park?
The town’s pay and display car parks will be open, apart from the Padstow Harbour Commissioners car park on the quayside, which is where the main festival marquees will be set up.
The Main Road Car Park will be in operation (weather permitting), and is located on the main road into Padstow, just before Tesco, postcode PL28 8EX. It is roughly a 10 minute walk to the harbour, or a local bus service is available. Once parked, please use the number 11 bus, which leaves from the bus stop opposite Tesco. Full timetable here.
For further details about getting to the festival, see https://www.padstowchristmasfestival.co.uk/getting-to-the-festival/
How do I book a stall?
Stalls for this year’s festival are now fully booked. For information about booking a stall for the 2024 festival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to useful pages on our website:
Christmas market stallholders https://www.padstowchristmasfestival.co.uk/christmas-market/
Getting to the festival https://www.padstowchristmasfestival.co.uk/getting-to-the-festival/